Sunday, February 20, 2005

Mention My Name in Atlantis

You just never know when and how your name will turn up. I googled my name, just for fun, and found that people had posted emails I sent them and all kind of stuff, scary and stimulating and rewarding. I gave an international adoption site permission to use my pics, and they picked some nice ones. Meanwhile, a e-learning program in Canada has referenced my website as a source on how to teach. Several of my movie reviews are linked on other sites, especially my Lord of the Rings review, which many people have emailed me about. My Saving Private Ryan review also generates some links. Several people have written me about that as well. Interestingly, my review of The Thing, my favorite SF horror flick, made it on someone's list. Posts of mine at Infidels show up in forums, like this one, or as fodder for the arguments of others.

There's a moral here somewhere....

2 comments:

Jonathan Benda said...

Try Googlism for more fun. They don't have "Michael Turton", but they do have some interesting results if you do "Turton"...

(I didn't realize you were "a holiday resort with a general store and caravan park"...)

Anonymous said...

Clyde said:

Well, I've thought a while about it, and I just can't come up with the moral. Is it maybe something like, "We spend too much time on Google." ???