Monday, April 18, 2005

Weird questions....

My site just attracts the damndest questions....

Good Morning-

I was wondering if you could help me with a question I have. I work for a Travel Agency and I was looking threw a magazine on Taiwan. And a question actually came up to me. There is a picture of some Taiwanese Food. One of which we find interesting, but we can't figure out what it is. It's round. Looks like a Wax coating with a stamp. Almost like a wax seal. It's Bright red, and looks to be sitting on a corn husk or sorts. The contents tend to look like a bean or something of the sorts. So I was justwondering if you could maybe help figure out what this mystery food is. I'm very well verse in the Japanese Culture and Language, but Even I couldn't find out this mystery here at our office ; )

Any help you could provide would be great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still getting over the fact that "a question actually came up to" the writer. Was the question walking or using some other mode of transportation?

Michael Turton said...

Ya gotta watch out for those wild questions. They can ambush you any time, any where!

Anonymous said...

For the damndest queston, please check this out! http://www.mlc.gov.tw/food/02_02c.php?Method_Id=52

Anonymous said...

Clyde said:

Hay, I think I know what the answer is. The question must be (Ba-Chan) 肉粽 . But the picture he/she saw was of the special holiday edition, which can have a samp on it (a seal) and can be colored inside.

Michael Turton said...

Actually it's a red turtle cake.

Anonymous said...

ha ha....it's not 肉粽。
There's sweet red bean inside red turtle cake. It is used with some ceremonies in Taiwan.