Monday, February 20, 2006

Travel Around Taiwan with GPS


A couple of weeks ago I was in Taipei with Michael Klein of The New Hampshire Bushman in Taiwan and The World fame and Linda Arrigo, looking for GPS. And lo and behold, I stumbled across this blog that uses GPS to talk about Taiwan. Travel around Taiwan with GPS uses the GPS location as its starting point:

The fireworks of Taipei 101

Location: N25 02.012, E121 33.870

On the last day of 2005, there was a major firework show in Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world, in celebration of the coming 2006.....

2 comments:

MJ Klein said...

Michael, I did in fact purchase a new Garmin eTrex Vista C. I got the bicycle handlebar mount and I’ve been riding with it (weather permitting). setting up a route of points that you have never visited before and following the GPS to new and hitherto unexplored territory can be fascinating and very rewarding. as a fellow photo enthusiast, I know you would enjoy riding around and exploring new places of photographic interest.

Last weekend Hui-Chen and I used the GPS to navigate to Wulai and the famous waterfall (I have a short blog entry on it at the moment). Later today I will blog on GPS biking.

I highly recommend that you get your own GPS and a bike mount!

btw, I gotta get you a better pic of me, lol. It really underscores the necessity of bicycle riding!

-Bush-

David said...

I love what you can do nowadays with GPS and google earth - for example, here's the 2nd half of my new-year's migration from Taipei to Pingdong. One of these days, I want to organise and put online all my GPS data ...