Friday, June 09, 2006

Rain...rain...rain


-I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I've got a pretty shrewd idea... it's not gonna be very nice!
- I'm taking the wuss's way out!
- Is he all right?
-He's probably in one of his black moods.
-What black moods?
-End of the road! I can't take it any longer! I'm going to finish it now!

Boy, I'd sure like to put up tons of beautiful pictures and witty and insightful text to accompany them, but this rain is just one big downer. It is supposed to lighten up this weekend. Hopefully my mood will too.

5 comments:

Chaon said...

Cheer up. We'll get licquored up tonight, hijack a sound truck, and cruise around the city blasting 'Mr. Roboto' by Styx out of those crappy speakers.

Andre said...

yup, this rain is a bit too much.
had to cancel an event/trip this weekend which we had been planning for a long time. took us forever to finally find a hotel room to stay at too.
damn you rain... damn you!

Anonymous said...

Hi MIke and other Taiwaners,

Can you guys tell me what the whether is like this time of year? Is it hot and humid? How often does it rain?

I'm trying to get a feel for the seasons. How hot and sticky does it get in summer; how cold and damp does it get in winter, etc. How different is the weather between easterna nd western Taiwan?

Michael Turton said...

This time of year is rainy season. Rain most of the day, sometimes in sheets, sometimes just steady. Winter in the north isn't cold, but since homes are unheated it can feel cold. In the south winter means a week or two of long sleeve shirts.

Michael

Chaon said...

Michael is speaking from the viewpoint of a thick-blooded Yankee.

Take advice from a sensible Florida boy like me: Winter in the South of Taiwan means a month of bone-chilling freezing cold. Rainy, wet cold. Winter in Taipei is five months of bitter, arctic misery. Rainy, wet misery.