Saturday, January 27, 2007

Taiwan blogger Portnoy with new English Blog

Want a glimpse of the enormous Taiwanese blogosphere? Taiwan blogger Portnoy, a local grad student, has an English language blog, Portnoy in Between, that provides translations and commentary on events you may not have heard of, with the appropriate links. A sample:

At the same time, oikos is worrying about the importance of those unreported news (zh), such as Taiwan’s aborigine students’ preferential service, dioxin found in mutton in Taipei county without knowing the source…..he asks:”These issues are also concerned by many people, and are closely related to people’s life, but why they can never be seen in the news?”

And finally, Tenz points out (zh)how TV news exaggerated the number of people rallying on Avenue Ketagalan with two snapshot from one TV news channel in 7 seconds.


Why didn't you send me a link, Portnoy!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michael! However, I am very lazy blogging in English since it take s me a lot more time doing so...(I wrote few posts until now.)

I certainly can't keep up with your pace, but I'll try to pick up some of the most interesting pieces from Taiwanese blogosphere(in which I mean Traditional Chinese blogs..)and hope that could somehow get us closer.

Anonymous said...

This is tenz.

About how Taiwan major media exaggrated the number of protesters on the Avenue Ketagalan, I have another post to discuss the possible numbers of people in the protest zone.