Friday, August 03, 2007

Taichung Panoramas

Had a few minutes at school today, so I shot some panoramas of Taichung to get some practice lining up panoramas with the new camera. The one above shows downtown from the south. The train station, which is not visible, is at the extreme right of the picture.

This shot shows the suburbs on the south side of the city. Taiping is on the right, up against the mountains. In the foreground is Wufeng. Dali occupies the center of the picture. To the left Taichung's downtown can be made out. This was taken at about 6:00 PM, you can see the sides of buildings lit by the setting sun.

Many times I've shot the plain between Changhua and Taichung (right) at sunset. My apologies to the poster who last week asked me if those were wind machines in the extreme background. I said no, but I was wrong. If you look in the center right of the pic, behind the red arched bridge, you can see wind machines lining the horizon.



1 comment:

cfimages said...

I'm not Darren. :-)